Deadline for applications
Would you like to be part of Finland’s most interesting technology company?
Meyer Turku is specialized in demanding, innovative and environmental-friendly cruise vessels, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. In Turku, ships have been built successfully all the way since 1737. Meyer Turku has three subsidiaries: Piikkio Works Oy, cabin factory in Piikkiö; Shipbuilding Completion Oy, turnkey supplier of solutions to public spaces in ships; and ENG´nD Oy, shipbuilding and offshore engineering company in Rauma. Together with its German sister shipyards, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the leading cruise ship builders. Co-operation between the three shipyards is developed all the time by sharing the best practices and having collaborative projects.
In times of digitalization, the importance of IT is growing enormously.
In numerous initiatives, we are currently aligning the IT landscape,
services and organization with the future requirements of shipbuilding.
We are now looking for
- Take part in network architecture and solution design
- Align solution design with the business need in co-operative manner
- Define and introduce IT technology standard and design guidelines in the network area of expertise
- Design, align and communicate the strategy for network
- Support development and improvement of business processes.
- Coordinate execution of network related tasks in projects
- Actively cooperate with the IT service providers in your responsibility area
- Manage escalations in a cooperative manner
- Continuous improvement of your responsibility area in terms of business value, costs, quality and security
Network management is currently being harmonized between all our
locations in Finland and Germany. You have an excellent opportunity to
leave your mark and make a difference at Meyer.
- Degree in relevant field
- Experience in WAN and firewall technologies
- Expertise in MPLS networks
- Expertise in routing corporate networks
- Experience in transforming business needs to infrastructure solutions, technology standards and service design guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong teamwork skills
- Readiness to travel
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills
- Experience in implementing QoS
- Experience in information security and/or project management
- German language skill
Meyer’s long and reliable history in shipbuilding and its steady order book guarantee a positive outlook for your career in international shipbuilding industry.
We promise you an inspirational work community and interesting tasks with top-notch high-technology products. In this community, you can become the best in the world in your own area of expertise. Internal training will help you expand your know-how even further.
We also consider free-time wellbeing and satisfaction of our employees important. The shipyard’s own occupational health clinic provides a wide range of medical services. Our own gym and other excellent physical exercise opportunities guarantee that you will not run out of spare-time activities.
At Meyer Turku, you are part of the team building the most luxurious and beautiful cruise ships in the world.
For further information
Head of Department, IT Infrastructure
+358 40 845 1277
Call times: Thursday 11.10. between 10:00–11:30 and Wednesday 17.10. between 9:30–11:00.
Please fill the application in English and have your CV also in English.